Thursday, October 7, 2010

Multi Engine Blog 6

I think that the two most important things that I learned about in Multi Engine Ground School were multi engine aerodynamics and control of the aircraft with an engine inoperative.  i think the aerodynamics portion is important because it allows me to understand why the controls are different with an engine Inop.  i also enjoy learning about aerodynamics.  The physical science of aviation is one f my favorite parts about flying besides the actual flying.  Learning about Single engine controls was important because it could someday save my life.  Knowing what to do and having a fast reaction that is the correct reaction in an emergency is why pilots train.  This class helped me broaden my knowledge of this.
I think Blogging was a good idea.  I usually do not like writing, however this gave me a place to reflect on what I have learned in class.  There were also a fair number of blogging assignments.  It did not seem like I had to blog about everything and it was not repetitive.
I think one of the most beneficial parts of this class was the contest.  This gave everyone in the class something to work for besides another grade.  I did not expect to win the contest, but I think I studied a little bit extra just so that I might have a chance, and even if I do not get to fly the citation my grade till reflect my work.  One thing I would change is how the exams are all at the end and one of the exams is over 1/4 of a chapter.  I think this could be spread out a bit more so that each test covers two chapters, or at the very least one full chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment